What You’ll Do
- Enjoy rafting on the Trishuli River
- Enjoy the scenery of river Trishuli with small gorges and a glimpse of the cable car leading to the famous Hindu Temple Manakamana
- Relax at a beach with strange shaped boulders that resemble sculptures and enjoy lunch there
- Paddle down the river and pass by the Trishuli gorge
There is no better way to see Nepal than on a river trip, which by its very nature is the essence of escapism. White Water Rafting in Nepal. At the foot of the Himalayan Mountains, Nepal is blessed with an amazing diversity of rivers.
What to Expect
The scenery of river Trishuli includes small gorges and a glimpse of the cable car leading to the famous Hindu Temple Manakamana. For the most of the year the rapids encountered on the Trisuli are straightforward, easily negotiated and well spaced out. Trisuli river is an excellent river for those looking for a short river trip, without the challenge of huge rapids, but with some really exciting rapids, with beautiful scenery and a relatively peaceful environment. During the monsoon months the intensity of the rapids increases and attracts a radically different set of rafters. But there are sections for rafting during the monsoon for those who are looking for simply exciting trip.
The put-in point for Trisuli River rafting is located just 3 to 3.5 hour drive west of Kathmandu, making it an excellent choice for short trips, or for those who are en route to Pokhara or Chitwan National Park. The return journey to Kathmandu is 5 hours.
07:00 Pick-up from your hotel and start your journey towards Charaudi. After a 3-hour drive, Charaudi is reached where a crowd of friendly local people eagerly wait to watch the proceedings.
10:00 The sight of foreigners all geared up for rafting fascinates the locals. The crew prepares the rafts, after which everyone heads towards the river for a safety talk and lessons on how to use paddles. A number of Class I to Class III rapids are encountered. Ratings are all given on the international rating scale. Two hours down the river is a beach with strange shaped boulders that resemble sculptures and this is the lunch spot.
12:00 Outdoor lunch by the river is always an enchanting experience. It also gives everyone a break from paddling and time to take in the scenery. Paddling down after lunch, a large gorge is encountered, the Trishuli gorge, which is narrow with steep walls, causing the river to accelerate through it. Naturally the rapids here are more ferocious and also more frequent.
15:00 In the afternoon drive back to Kathmandu by private transportation.
- Kathmandu-Charaudi-Kathmandu by transportation (bus)
- Lunch during your rafting trip
- River permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, life jackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Necessary staff (guide, helpers, etc.)
- Safety kayak
- First aid kit box
What’s Not Included
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during the whole trip
- Emergency evacuation
- Personal items
- Member insurance
- International airport pick-up and drop off (available on request)
- Tips to staff